Charter of the Millennia2025 Women and Innovation Foundation
International Public Utility Foundation
Gender equality benefits everyone, not just women.
It is an accelerator of political, economic and social transformations, which multiplies the forces.
It is a global priority of UNESCO and it is a personal commitment.
I want to thank Millennia2015 and everyone who participated in this program.
I am confident that the Action Plan for Women's Empowerment will be a key contribution
to accelerating the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals by 2015 and beyond,
to define the development agenda genres must occupy a central place.
Ms Irina Bokova, UNESCO Director General, introducing
the International Millennia2025 Conference at UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, 3-4.12.2012.
The Charter of the Millennia2025 Women and Innovation Foundation, FUPu (abbreviated Millennia2025) specifies objectives and action plans stemming from the foresight research process Millennia2015 "Women actors of development for the Global Challenges" (1), it defines its values, principles and issues, determines the criteria of ethics and of intellectual property.
The Charter is signed by stakeholders with full knowledge of the facts for a period of time fixed by mutual agreement. Any person, entity or association adhering to the Millennia2025 principles and values, willing to contribute to women's empowerment, as well as to their full participation, in equality with men, to the definition and construction of more ethical innovative futures, is invited to sign the Millennia2025 Charter.
The Millennia2025 Women and Innovation Foundation aims to raise funds to implement the concrete actions of the foresight research process. It is in charge of their implementation and monitoring with partner organizations. It activates collaborations with all stakeholders, including universities, NGOs and private sector companies, with the aim of empowering women through digital solidarity, providing services, training, consultancy, expertise, publications, organization of conference and seminars. The Millennia2025 Foundation's multilingual website is www.millennia2025-foundation.org.
1. Values of Millennia2025
The key values of Millennia2025 are equality and complementarity between women and men, respect of rights and diversity, promotion of the human capital and of digital solidarity and innovation.
2. Mission of Millennia2025
The mission of Millennia2025 is to implement, on the one hand, the concrete actions stemming from the Millennia2015 foresigsht research process that will lead to greater equality and solidarity, while respecting cultural and linguistic diversity and, on the other hand, to generate innovation in development models considering the needs and values of women by 2025. The Foundation mobilizes the Millennia2025 International Voluntary Researchers' Network while pursuing its development with its financial and intellectual partners .
3. Digital solidarity and Millennia2025 Intelligence Platform
The collaborative goal of Millennia2025 is to unite, through its online tools referenced as they develop on www.millennia2025-foundation.org, all the stakeholders mobilized for the empowerment of women, ensuring to include the poorest. The Millennia2025 Intelligence Platform is developed by MAD-Skills.eu "Master, Apply, Boost your skills" to "learn, teach and work", by valuing and passing on skills.
4. The ethics of Millennia2025
All the Millennia2025 partner members undertake to respect the United Nations Charter, the 18 Sustainable Development Goals and UNESCO's fundamental texts, the Charter and Intellectual Property of Millennia2025 as well as of the relevant partners; to support women's empowerment and building more equitable futures in their country; to respect and promote a society of mutual respect, complementary equality and equity; to promote respect for cultures and diversities; to act for education and training for all, for sustainable development and harmony.
5. Liabilities and commitment
Partnerships are concluded for period determined with the partners. Partnership can be broken up immediately if one of the partner does not respect the conditions or by mutual agreement.
5.1. Within that framework, partners pledge to:
- affix the name and logo of Millennia2025 linked with the URL www.millennia2025-foundation.org on their website or on any document in relation with the partnership;
- always fully refer (authors, title, date, links) the productions coming from Millennia2025 published on their website or on any other support;
- not to divert the Millennia2025 productions for any commercial purpose, individual or external interests having no link with the objectives described in this charter;
- work honestly with due diligence to achieve Millennia2025 objectives and widely promote them in the framework of the partnership;
- share information concerning Millennia2025 with their members;
- introduce Millennia2025 to their network and encourage the registration of new members online;
- incite, when possible, new partnership between their networks and Millennia2025.
5.2. Within that partnership, Millennia2025 pledges to:
- facilitate, for its members and partners, the access to resources, the sharing of knowledge, publications facilities and valorisation of contents;
- promote and spread the work done by contributors, communities and working group within the Millennia2025 network;
- clearly assess the data of partners in the products resulting from a common work;
- include the logo and link to the website of the partner in the “partners" section of Millennia2025 website;
- inform the partner about concrete actions, conferences and plublications organized by Millennia2025;
- develop with a mutual agreement the specific collaboration between the partner and Millennia2025;
- promote the partner and its activities within the Millennia2025 network.
6. Legal and administrative information
Millennia2025 is written with two “l” and two “n” as the Latin word, all in one piece with "2025".
Its multilingual website is hosted and developed in autonomy on the MAD-Skills.eu root server with the URL www.millennia2025-foundation.org.
The bank details of the Millennia2025 Women & Innovation Foundation, PUF, are:
IBAN of the account : BE07 0688 9496 4766
BIC / SWIFT : GKCCBEBB
Bank : BELFIUS BANQUE ET ASSURANCES - Country : Belgium
Its headquarter is:
35, Sur les Roches, B 5563 Hour-en-Famenne, Wallonia (Belgium)
Phone contact: Marie-Anne Delahaut : +32.495.213.981.
Its Company number is 846.420.812.
In case of dispute, the only competent jurisdiction is the courthouse of Namur.
President, founder and CEO of the Millennia2025 Women and Innovation Foundation
Director of research at The Destree Institute, in charge of its Information Society Unit;
Owner, founder and network administrator of MAD-Skills.eu
delahaut.marie-anne [at] millennia2025-foundation.org
=> Tel. 32(0)495.213.981.
Co-founder, Scientific director of the Millennia2025 Women and Innovation Foundation;
Director of the Millennia2025 WeObservatory, the Women Observatory for eHealth
Founder of Zero Mothers Die
* * * * *
(1) Millennia2015 "An Action Plan for the Women's Empowerment and Gender Equality" is a foresight research process created and implemented in 2007 by The Destree Institute, a European research center of foresight research based in Wallonia, NGO official partner of UNESCO, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (consultative status) and in special consultative status with ECOSOC, United Nations Economic and Social Council since August 2012. The Millennia2015 process, built in collaboration with its international partners, is structured in three phases: "information transfer", "knowledge process" and "intelligence platforms". They are punctuated by international conferences such as at the Convention Center in Liège in March 2008, at the Ecole des Mines in Paris in November 2011, with the patronage of UNESCO at its headquarters in Paris in December 2012 (including certifying foresight courses), at the University of Namur for Millennia2025 Solidarity-Women in April 2015. The URL of the multilingual portal is www.millennia2015.org.
* * * * *
The signing of the Charter is done by mutual agreement after a direct meeting between the two parties.
v Header photo by Marie-Anne Delahaut : UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, 30.06.2015.